The United Way of Northern New York has reached 32 percent of its goal of $750,000, thanks to increased giving by businesses and nonprofits that have recently completed their campaigns.
• Employees of Samaritan Summit Village, Samaritan Keep and Samaritan Medical Center finished their campaign at more than $58,000, a 54 percent increase in giving over last year.
• Lewis County government had a nearly 50 percent increase with Lewis County General Hospital’s campaign getting ready to start.
• Jefferson Rehabilitation Center employees pledged their highest per capita giving ever and increased actual giving by 22 percent.
• ARC Health employees had 100 percent participation and increased their giving. Others that increased were Jefferson Community College, DPAO, Watertown City School District, Haylor, Freyer and Coon, Lewis County Opportunities, and Cornell Cooperative Extension.
• St. Lawrence Gas is working to raise employees participation from 75 percent to 80 percent this year.
• Many campaigns have been underway for the last month. Campaigns that have recently begun include Clarkson University, Lewis County General Hospital, St. Lawrence County government, New York Air Brake, St. Lawrence University and WPBS.