The United Way of NNY Board of Directors recently elected Walt Hammond as chair and added six people to the board.
Hammond, of Haylor, Freyer and Coon, takes over for Patrick Signor, of RBC Wealth, who was board chair for two years. Vice chairs are Laurie Gleason, Excellus BlueCross BlueShield, and Ed Bassler, WWNY-TV.
New board members are:
- Ty Stone, president of Jefferson Community College
- Jeff Barnard, Morgan Stanley
- Jan Mosher, recently retired from Victims Assistance Center
- Dan Menapace, Foy Benefits
- Alisha Ruperd, Jefferson County Community Services
- Shawn Mead, Jefferson Rehabilitation Center
Outgoing board members were: Gloria McAdam, GardenShare, John Exford, Volunteer Transportation, Tammie Miller, Youth Court, Lloyd Hurlbut, Credo, and Jared Thisse, Lowville Sports and Farm Equipment.